Welcome Back, Patriots!
We are so excited to have everyone back on campus and looking forward to another year of learning and making memories. Be sure to check out the Daily Digest every day for news you can use, including important school deadlines, tips from our Student Services and Student Learning divisions, Student Activities announcements, Athletics updates and more!
To get us started, re-live all the memories from our 2021-22 class orientations and the first day of school in the videos below!
Hook a Spot on the Bass Fishing Team
The Bass Fishing Team will have an informational meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 3:45 p.m. in room 2626 for the Fall 2021 Season. All who are interested in fishing on the team are required to attend. Contact Coach Chris Mural at email@example.com with any questions. We hope to see you there!
Join Badminton Club on the Court!
If staying in shape, meeting new friends and having a great time are things you like to do, then consider joining the Boys Badminton Club! There will be an informational meeting about the club via Zoom on Wednesday, Aug.18 at 4 p.m. Join Coach Johnson to learn more about this fun fall club season!
PATRIOT SPORTS NEWS
Last Call for Fall Sports!
The LAST DAY to join boys/girls cross country or girls swimming if you were cut from another fall sport is Tuesday, Aug. 17. (Note: proficiency in all swim strokes is an expectation for participation in the swimming program.) Athletes participating in a fall sport, including swimming and cross country, are expected to attend all scheduled practices, meetings, and competitions. For more information on these and all other fall sports, visit www.d125.org/athletics.
Stevenson Aquatics Athletes Named All-Americans
Congratulations to the Stevenson aquatic athletes whole were named to the 2020-21 All-American Teams:
- Boys Water Polo – Dimitiy Kobets (1st Team), Drew Wangard (3rd Team), Alex Mitchell (4th Team)
- Girls Water Polo – Elizabeth Matlin (4th Team), Maggie Bauwens (Honorable Mention)
- Diving – Jack White (boys 1 meter), Danny Silverstein (boys 1 meter), Shreeya Sinha (girls 1 meter)
- Boys Swimming – Joshua Song (200 Medley relay, 400 Free relay, 100 Butterfly), Colin Zhang (200 Medley relay, 100 Breaststroke), Brandon Xiong (200 Medley relay, 200 Free relay, 400 Free relay), David Kohan (200 Medley relay, 200 Free relay, 400 Free relay), Jonny Farber, (200 Free relay, 400 Free relay), Jack Curtin (200 Free relay)
- Girls Swimming – Alex Eastmond (200 Free relay), Milena Busma (200 Medley relay), Jennifer Chen (200 Medley relay), Katie Makarska (200 Medley relay, 200 Free relay), Jessica Nyborg (200 Medley relay, 200 Free relay), Claudia Rzeznik (200 Free relay).
Check out the full All-American results.
The girls golf team competed in the premier event in Illinois to begin the 2021-22 campaign. After posting a score of 304, the Patriots went away with the 3rd place trophy and several individual honors. Freshman Allyson Duan posted a 73 and finished sixth, sophomore Chelsea She was right behind her in seventh place with a 74. Junior Allie Santos carded a 76 (13th place) and Sophomore Megan Lee’s 81 was good enough for 34th place. For complete results, visit this link.
For more articles on the girls golf team, click on the links below:
- Girls golf: Defending state champ Stevenson looks loaded again
- Stevenson team to beat, but Lake County has many strong teams
The Patriots are back in action on Wednesday, Aug. 18, at Highland Woods Golf Course in a triangular against Fremd and Vernon Hills.