Stay Safe Pats
Heading into the long weekend, Stevenson nursing staff are reminding Patriot families to stay safe. Students are encouraged to follow safety precautions including:
- Avoid crowds and limit the number of individuals you contact
- Watch your distance — keep six feet or more apart from others
- Wear a mask, especially when you are unable to keep a distance of six feet apart
- Gather outside whenever possible
- Wash your hands frequently
- Do not share food, beverages, and utensils with individuals outside of your family
- Avoid Hotspots — recreational travel to areas with higher rates of COVID-19 will increase your risk of contracting the virus.
Engaging in high-risk activities may potentially limit students’ ability to come to campus to participate in sports, clubs and other in-person activities for two to four weeks.
Financial Aid Evening for Junior and Senior Families on Oct. 1
The College Career Center will hold its annual Financial Aid Night at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct.1 via Zoom. Post-secondary counselors, Sara English and Dan Miller will partner with Jerry Cebrzynski, Associate Vice President for Financial Aid at Lake Forest College, for this presentation, which is meant primarily for families who have current juniors or seniors. Details about applying for college financial assistance through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be discussed, along with the types of financial aid available, and how eligibility for aid is determined. Families typically complete their FAFSA forms in October. Please utilize the Zoom link to attend online.
Animal Welfare Club: Virtual Presentation, Sept. 29
Ms. Kristin Tump from Orphans of the Storm will provide a virtual presentation for students involved in the Animal Welfare Club from 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 29. Go behind the scenes with Orphans of the Storm to learn about animal care at the facility, volunteer opportunities and the adoption process. The zoom link is https://zoom.us/j/99275726701. Visit the SHS Animal Welfare webpage for a calendar of club events.