E-Learning Days Begin Monday
Here is an update on what is happening at Stevenson:
- E-Learning Days will begin Monday.
- We will use e-Learning Days March 16-20 and March 30-April 3.
- Spring Break will still be observed March 23-27.
- The tentative return date for on-campus classes is Monday, April 6.
- Starting Saturday, March 14, all co-curricular activities, including athletics, are postponed or cancelled until further notice. Contact your coach or club sponsor for more information.
- Students may come to the school until 2 p.m. today to collect items they may have left in their lockers. Beginning Saturday, March 14, the school building will be closed.
Visit d125.org/covid19 for more updates.
How Stevenson Will Communicate
Because there will be no student activities or events until at least April 6, the Daily Digest will suspend operations after today. The Digest will resume when in-person classes start again. In the meantime, look for updates from Stevenson at:
The school will continue to use its emergency notification system on an as-needed basis.
“White Fragility” Author Talk Moved to Online Only
Wednesday’s Digest included information on a Family Action Network event at 7 p.m. Monday featuring Robin DiAngelo, author of White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism. Her talk will now be livestreamed only, with no audience. Click here for details.
Thursday’s Varsity Results
Boys Water Polo
Stevenson 22, Conant 6: Junior Dima Kobets scored six goals for the host Patriots in their season-opening game. – Illpolo.com
Girls Water Polo
Stevenson 17, Conant 4: Junior Anna Gates scored seven goals and classmate Maggie Bauwens made 12 saves for the three-time defending state champions in their season opener in Hoffman Estates. SHS outscored the Cougars 13-0 over the first three quarters. Seniors Alena Bardic, Shreya Sreedhar and Val Zlotnikova, and junior Maria Mossakowski all scored two goals. Senior Hanna Cloeter and junior Kayla Wadsworth also scored.
The American Family Insurance Slam Dunk Championship, in which senior RJ Holmes was a finalist, has been canceled. … If you purchased tickets for tonight’s sectional basketball championship game, refunds will be available through the Patriot Superstore until 2 p.m. today or after in-person classes resume. Remember to save your ticket and bring it when seeking a refund.